2.11.2010

The "OMG why did I not know about this while I was planning my wedding" blog

While spending hours on Sunday trying to find this one font for a wedding invitation suite I'm designing, I tripped across this spectacular little treasure of a blog:


Maybe its a good thing I hadn't found this before the wedding, otherwise the DIY's I attempted for the wedding would have leaped from semi-unmanagable to overload level. Rather, I've decided to incorporate some of the projects into house decor. 

For one I attempted the How-To directions for the "Tiny Tissue Paper Flowers"

Theirs:


(photo court. of i-do-it-yourself.com)

Mine:
not quite as elegant, but alas

Theirs:

(photo court. of i-do-it-yourself.com)
Mine:


I removed part of a HUGE branch that fell off a tree infront of our house during a windstorm last week and used that as the "base."  I then tied each blossom to the branch - the key is when following the DiY directions, to leave a generous amount of string behind after tying the center knot when you make each flower.  

heres a close up: 
 

Then i put the branch in an extra wine carafe that we had (because honestly, how many wine carafes does one couple need?)  and placed it on top of our living room shelves.  Tada!

Theres a random bunch of stuff up there to begin with (a lego house, a "bouquet" of ugly leaves that I have no clue what to do with but needed height in that spot, our cheesy plastic Valentines day champagne flutes... to name a few) so why not a branch with paper flowers? 

So, enjoy the website and happy DiY-ing! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...