7.16.2013

rosemary secco spritzer


Because it only makes sense to follow a paleo recipe with a cocktail recipe. Naturally.

Mr. Bama is out of town for a few weeks, so after a Sunday filled with rolling up my sleeves up and deep cleaning my kitchen (a monumental task. Grime. Hides. EVERYWHERE) I took the evening to sit back and just relax. I had a pretty stressful week at work, so I did something I never do: I made myself a cocktail. And a pretty darn fantastic one at that.  I'm normally a French 75 fan when I do make myself cocktail, but I decided to take advantage of the rosemary growing like crazy in my garden.  I adapted an old Real Simple recipe, originally formulated to serve 8. Since I was not having a party, nor am I capable of drinking 8 servings myself (no matter how hard I may try), I adjusted the recipe down to one. Voila, new snazzy cocktail! 

Rosemary Secco Spritzer

Ingredients:
  • 3 tsp sugar
  • 3 tsp water 
  • 2-3 springs of rosemary
  • Prosecco
Method:
  1. Heat the water in the smallest sauce pan you have on high. Once boiling, stir in the sugar  and 1 sprig of the rosemary into the water until the sugar is completely dissolved.
  2. Strain water/sugar mix into a collins or highball glass
  3. Fill rest of glass with Prosecco.
  4. Garnish with rosemary spring and enjoy!
I promise next post will be less food, and more some other random topic.  Til then, Prost!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...